Sometimes adults forget that being a student is an emotionally taxing job, that students have fears, and that students often need reassurance!
On today’s New Year’s episode we discuss the five ways that feelings get in the way of student success if they’re not acknowledged.
Each of today’s tips is inspired by a video from Gretchen’s YouTube channel. Tune in to get the low-down on each of these tips, or go directly to the videos that inspired them in the first place:
- What to do when you’re stressing about homework — about the common problem of trying to second guess what the teacher wants, and how this habit causes undue stress
- Beat test anxiety with this 10 minute trick — about the underlying fears that cause you to blank out on tests
- A giant fear that makes students unnecessarily stuck — about students’ fear of talking to teachers
- A destructive myth that makes students miserable — about the stress caused when students think their work is not valuable or respected unless they do it alone
- What every struggling student needs to hear — about a deep seeded fear that they are broken because they struggle