Now is the time to start planning. We know it seems super early, but the truth is that many of these opportunities have application deadlines mid-semester. We don’t want you to miss out just because you put off planning.
Here are the 5 types of experiences that Megan suggests students and parents consider; tune into the episode to hear details about how to find each of them:
- Subject-specific camps at colleges and universities
- Hands on work in the field of study that interests the student most
- “Big” volunteer experiences that meet or exceed 80 hours a week
- World travel through organizations like your local rotary club or the state department
- Full-time jobs that actually clock 40 hours per week