Listen in as Gretchen shares five mistakes teachers accidentally make, including tips for how both students and teachers about how to handle the fallout of these mistakes.
Here is the list of mistakes Gretchen covers; tune in to hear her explain WHY it’s a mistake, and what teachers and students can do instead.
- Mistake #1 – We don’t teach them to study.
- Mistake #2 – We teach our favorite strategies without explaining WHY they work. We give instructions that students do or don’t follow, but without teaching the bigger picture.
- Mistake #3 – When we do teach studying, we often make it too complicated. Too many steps.
- Mistake #4 – We teach learning styles as if that is the answer.
- Mistake #5 – We don’t actively practice the tools we teach.