There are appropriate (and inappropriate) times during the school year or college admission process to hire a tutor. Make sure you know the ins and outs of when and how to hire a tutor so that you can save time, money and frustration.
In this episode from the archives, Gretchen and Megan discuss mistakes such as:
- Hiring a tutor without clearly defined expectations and goals.
- Hiring a tutor out of desperation.
- Waiting until it is too late to hire a tutor.
- Becoming dependent on the tutor.
- Ignoring issues of quality.
Tune in to hear more about these mistakes, and suggestions for what to do instead.