Getting students to persist through college is as — or more! — important than getting in. But families often put so much effort into the first part of the process that they forget to pay attention to the second.
Gretchen and Megan chronicle six challenges that students face that families would do well to anticipate. Here are the six areas they discuss:
- academic prep in high school
- executive function skills
- emotional and personal skills
- community college — good and bad
- support (or lack thereof)
- navigating bureaucracy