Next month my new InterPlay class with Randy debuts in San Francisco. Heed this warning:
InterPlay is designed to unlock the wisdom of the body.
But unlocking the wisdom of the body is DANGEROUS!
Why? Because if you uncover what you really know, if you trust it, and then if you act on it: it will CHANGE your life.
Of course, life transformation doesn’t happen all at once. Thank goodness. Change sneaks up over time. That’s why we call the processes “sneaky deep.”
What we really do in InterPlay is have a lot of fun together. We tell stories, move our bodies, free our voices, play with physical contact, and share stillness.
And somehow all that fun, connection, and reflection turns into — gasp! drum roll please!! — personal transformation. At whatever level is perfect for you. For example, I found more boldness and freedom to be myself. Others discovered:
- More comfort in public speaking and self expression.
- A recovered sense of play in daily life.
- Greater ability to embrace spontaneity
- More ease connecting with others
- Permission to relax & reflect
- Practical tools to deal with overwhelm and stress
InterPlay is hard to describe, but easy to do. It’s not for everybody. But it might just be for you. Try it and see! For more information about the new San Francisco class starting Monday, August 10th, go to www.interplaysanfrancisco.org
To read others’ perspectives on how this subversive practice changes lives, here are a few additional resources:
- 5 Minimum Daily Requirements for Health and Happiness by Gretchen Wegner
- How Gibberish Transforms Relationships by Jockie Fairley and Sharon Pavelda
- Things I Have Learned From My Own Experience: Collecting Body Data by Beandrea Davis
- Teaching InterPlay to Veterans by by Dorothy Finnigan
- What People On Twitter are Saying About InterPlay
P.S. Big thanks to Dorothy for the tweet that inspired this blog entry.
P.P.S. The delightful-and-dangerous Randy Newswanger is my partner-in-crime. Come to InterPlay in SanFrancisco and you’ll get to play with the two of us.